View Single Post
Posts: 2,041 | Thanked: 1,066 times | Joined on Mar 2006 @ Houston
Originally Posted by quipper8 View Post
I have never had a nokia device that had many incremental updates whether it could do it OTA/network or not. I am not sure where you are coming from with that statement. Even as this device is starting to be released we already know there will be no more updates to Diablo, and I am sure once the details of the Maemo 6 device next year are released you can kiss goodbye any hope of any more updates to the maemo 5 on your n900. This is not necessarily a negative to me, just a fact of how they have proceeded with maemo development thus far and I don't see any reason to think 5 will be any different than 4.
Well the n8x0 were supposed to have another update called elephanta but they scrapped it because they had to work on maemo 5. But what i meant to say is that diablo was good enough for many of us without any major concerns. Of course more updates are always nice but the lack of proper hardware is definitely a hinderance to further updates. Now a days 2 years is a lot in device's life cycle. I dont see many users who would use thier n900's for more than that.