View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Originally Posted by SamGan
Frankly, I'm sick of being part of a niche OS which commercial developers don't give a f*** about. Waiting and begging for apps to be made when everything is available and spoilt for choice in Android. No MS Office editor, no Shazam, no Soundhound, not even a working wifi scanner and an old version flashplayer in a half baked fennec. How far can the elegant Swipe UI compensate for the lack of apps? I don't know about others but I'm feeling the strain after months of sticking out and hoping things get better. To top it off most of the N900 community is openly hostile towards N9 and refuse to port their apps over. I don't how much longer I can last when the Android Market calls to me like a seductive siren.

#rant over
Latest FP isn't available for all Android handsets, not even most.
Tried the latest Fennec builds? Run much better for me than the one in the Store.
Pretty sure I saw talk of a SoundHound client or a client for a similar service, can't recall where.
Shazam, again pretty sure there's an alternative....
I'm personally not interested in that kind of app so I haven't looked heavily.
Editor, you can have a full blown editor in Debian chroot...
Not n00b proof, but the way things are evolving it seems the BoE for such things will be lowered.
Calligra editor for Plasma's being worked on soon, once done it's UX will be tweaked for SwipeUX.
Anyway this is all off-topic, maybe start another app rant thread like you did in Dec?

Last edited by jalyst; 2012-03-10 at 05:52.