View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
To clarify, there are over 5,000 members who are not only "allowed" to vote, but each of whom we send an email inviting them to vote. Historically, less than 1,000 bother to take advantage of this privilege. The voting process may not have been implemented perfectly in the past, but certainly it does not have an exclusionary bias.
SD69, I didn't mean to say it has an exclusionary bias its just that during Q2, 2012 elections it was quite apparent that many of those members who joined only after Harmattan came out would have missed the chance to vote as their karma wasn't enough...

This time round I'm not too sure whether that stands as there have been a number of members who have joined only this year so its probable a number of them won't be eligible to vote due to their karma...

In fact, if you read my next posts you'll see I clearly mentioned that it was quite publicised during the previous election on how TMO account should be linked to one's maemo account...

Yes, I agree with you not many people actually end up voting and I'm happy to apologize if you felt that I was demeaning Council's efforts to get as many votes as possible...My point was simply to jalyst to inform him about the Karma linkage being possible and the system is such that there is a possibility that those who joined due to Harmattan don't be eligible to vote...

After all, you can't include everyone as there will always be people joining and you can't accomodate all...There have to be certain restrictions on voting and I'm quite happy with the current system as is instead of suggesting something that might rock the boat...

Last edited by thedead1440; 2012-09-16 at 14:56.