View Single Post
Originally Posted by Fuzzillogic View Post
Hm, looks rather... elaborated. And I guess it might interfere with updates later on. While I'm not afraid to reflash the device when things go wrong, I'd rather avoid it.

I've tried this:

Code:
~ # dpkg --no-act --ignore-depends=mp-harmattan-001-pr -r facebook
(Reading database ... 51426 files and directories currently installed.)
Would remove or purge facebook ...
This gives no errors, no warnings.. However, I'm rather hesitant to run it without the "--no-act" for obvious reasons. I've tried running it in QEMU, but there facebook is no reverse dependency of mp-harmattan-001-pr And to try it on Nokia's Remote Device Access is a bit rude, as it seems the test device isn't cleared between sessions.

Anyway, could anybody make an educated guess what will happen with the --ignore-depends option? (Or have the balls and simply try it )
PLEASE dont do that. it will break apt-get, and youll need to run 'apt-get -f install' to reinstall the removed packages. take note; deb packages have their installation dependencies inside them. you have to recompile the packages without the dependencies in order for dpkg/apt to do what its supposed to. in this case, it would mean removing the dependency on facebook from mp-harmattan-001-pr, which is a quite involved process and not worth undertaking.

what i wrote above are three simple commands that will accomplish PRECISELY what you want, without breaking upgrades, and without removing ANY packages that do anything useful whatsoever.

removing mp-harmattan-001-pr, sounds scary, but it doesnt DO anything. try it, if youre not afraid of a {small} chance of needing to reflash.