View Single Post
Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
Hello MartinK,

I am translating to French the documentation about the OSM Scout Server.
While taking the screenshots for modRana, I found out that the text is in English while my device is configured in French.
I can't find any translation files in the Github repo, neither mentions of translation at all on the website or google.

Did I understand correctly that modRana isn't translated to any other languages ?
That's unfortunately correct - modRana is currently not translated to any other language, an most importantly, not really translatable - eq. the translation support code/tooling is just not there yet.

This is compounded by that some of the strings come from the sizeable Python core, so it's not just about translation support in QML (which is pretty easy to do - basically just call qsTr() and you are done), but also supporting translation in the Python code, if we want to enable full coverage. That's making things a bit more complicated.

On the other hand, I'm thinking just enabling translations for the QML code should be rather easy and could already improve things quite a bit. So I'll try to take a look into that first, hopefully soon.

Originally Posted by Zeta View Post
I have personally no problems with english, but as I am translating some other apps to french as possible to help my fellow french speaking only people, I though I could propose my help here too.

Please let me know if I understood right and you need some help !
I've opened an issue for modRana l10n support:
https://github.com/M4rtinK/modrana/issues/213
Feel free to subscribe to it for easy tracking of my progress in this area.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: