View Single Post
Posts: 3,404 | Thanked: 4,474 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Germany
Thanks for all your great suggestions! Resuming playback and UPnP are indeed planned for the next release sometime this summer.

I have to agree with cyberbillp. Not just about the update, but MediaBox in general. I'm guessing the only reason there isn't more talk about it is because most people, like me, are simply happily using it and it works nicely.
Oh, so that's the reason why.
Glad to hear that MediaBox doesn't need a loooong bug report thread on Internet Tablet Talk every time a new version gets released.

Unfortunately there are a few users who are having trouble with MediaBox. I try to hunt down all the bugs but sometimes it's really hard to reproduce them.

I Uninstalled and re-installed it. Thsi time the first time I scrolled in the Media Directories window, all the pre-configured directories disappeared. I added my own, refreshed, and they have been there ever since. There still seems to be a bug of some sort with the media preferences and adding directories, but at least this time my custom additions stuck.
Running MediaBox from the XTerminal with "MediaBox" sometimes reveals what the problem could be. In your case it sounds like having trouble with the GConf configuration database. But I can't say for sure. If the problem still persists and is reproducable, I would be happy if you could file a bug report at http://garage.maemo.org/projects/mediabox

BTW the /Music. /Images, and /Video directories are on my Removable 4GB SDHC if that might help with anything.
That should not be a problem.

Using MediaBox is pretty intuitive, but still I came across the walkthrough and thought it was pretty cool.
Thanks for commenting on the walkthroughs. I plan on doing more.

The Following User Says Thank You to pycage For This Useful Post: