View Single Post
Posts: 207 | Thanked: 967 times | Joined on Apr 2014 @ Madrid, Spain
Originally Posted by capitannemo View Post
Hi cenee!

Many thanks for keeping Yappari alive & many thanks to scorpious as well for all his huge effort in Yappari.

As I must use Yappari every day for professional reasons losing Yappari availability would mean losing my lovely n900 too... I hope that not to happend ever!!

Please consider to open a "donate" link to support your unvaluable work.

Best wishes to you & scorpious
Hi!

You know, I bought my N900 on March, I have had it for less than a year now.

On one hand, this phone fully represents what I believe to be cutting edge technology (when Nokia was still Nokia) both in terms of hardware and software. Of course it's a bit outdated now, but I found the combination of hardware+software that gives live to our N900 makes it useful still today. This is one reason for which I bought a N900.

On the other hand, while I was researching if N900 would suit my purposes, I found maemo.org and this wonderful community. I saw that even today, people were still creating new software and maintaining a race against upstream to fully support software such as evernote, dropbox and, of course, Whatsapp.

What I mean is, I am so very happy that you and lots like you and me are still using N900, and I am so very happy that Scorpius has been actively coding Yappari just until a few days, just in time for me to catch up and add a bit of functionality I missed and keep you all updated.

So, having said all that, I don't believe I deserve any tip for the little work I've done, for I am in much debt with all of you. If you feel like you want to reward someone for the availability of Yappari, donate to Scorpius, Cepiperez, Coderus and to the maemo.org community to keep running its servers.

That would make me more happy than having a few beers on any of you. Just keep making this site what it is and make it last for as long as possible.

Best wishes to you too

Last edited by ceene; 2015-01-26 at 11:43.

The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to ceene For This Useful Post: