View Single Post
Originally Posted by auouymous View Post
You can find apps that use a lot of space, copy certain directories to the internal 2gig drive and link them back to the 256meg drive. I think there is also a thread or wiki page that lists unneeded files you can remove.

Cloning to and booting from the 2gig or external SD will not only gain you a lot more space for apps but also give you a way to get back into your device when it breaks, and it will break. A bad application or a crash could require you to reflash the device, losing all settings and data that haven't been backed up. If you boot from SD and this happens then you might be able to boot from the 256meg flash and fix them problem without a reflash.

The Tear browser is fast on most of the sites I visit but the slow processor is unable to handle bloated sites.

Do you have wifi power at 100mW or 10mW? You can find the setting in the advanced section where you configure the access point.
OK, so my darkest fears have come to pass, lol. it makes not sense to me but I guess that is what I will have to do. what is really strange is there is the 256mb boot drive and then 2gb internal storage. that internal storage also cannot be used for software install I assume? it never asks when I try to install an app so I figured not. moving apps after install is just silly to me so won't be doing that. so for the cloning to sc which is apparently my only option, any adivce as to which class card is as fast or faster than the 256mb? I don't want to go slower, so if the internal's speed is that of a class 6 say, I would have to try and find that.

yes the tear browser if faster, but then on some sites it tanks. I like it better than the microb. is there an add on to block flash like firefox? I couldn't find one. also it doesn't seem to handle java well, or do I have soemthing configured wrong? also it can't download or is there a fix that I didn't find? and is there actually a way to get it to view flahs video?

I could not find a setting to adjust wifi power anywhere. I suspect it's low because unless I'm right on top of a router it's always an "iffy" conn. could you please explain exactly how to get to this setting, as if you were talking to a child

thanks for the help. it is appreciated. since you seem to be well versed with this, there are many tutorials for this cloning, can you point me to one that you used and worked, just to make sure I don't f-it up. lastly do you have a favorite repository? I added a bunch to mine and still seems like I'm missing a bunch of stuff