View Single Post
Posts: 339 | Thanked: 1,623 times | Joined on Oct 2013 @ France
My Wishlist :
* n950 form factor, with embedded HW keyboard (so perfectly balanced, with battery under it and not behind the screen)
* the HW keyboard could be enhanced with a left and a right trigger buttons like on gamepads. The arrows on the keyboard could be grouped as a Dpad. This would allow to play with it.
* 4" display (that was perfect on n9/N950), resolution as on the n9 is ok for me, but I think it is not possible anymore to find anything below 720p from the suppliers
* improved camera (something at least like n8 or Xperia Z1, or better close to 808) with optical stabilization
* physical camera shutter (like n8/808)
* improved audio recording (again something close to rich recording on 808 and lumias)
* USB OTG
* HMDI (maybe through MHL?)
* FM transmitter+receiver (N900/N8/808 like)
* Low power mode for screen (N9 like)
* huge battery (I prefer a phone 2 mm thicker, than low battery during a video or a week end far from a wall socket !)
* 64GB internal memory (my N8 had already 16GB 3 years ago, and it was already not enough)
* µSD card support
* 1GB RAM (or more if it doesn't drain too much the battery)
* Bluetooth 4 LE + real NFC
* And of course SailfishOS as the cherry on top !

The OS is there, but the hardware is still missing (I don't care much of the CPU/GPU/RAM but peripherals that the I2C/NFC bus can't allow).
So basically, I simply need a merge of the best of 808 and n950. Does Nokia still make phones ?

If they want to continue on the Other half, than it would be great that they provide the following on the OH connector:
* USB OTH : then all is possible even data hungry OH (Hard drive, camera, kinect, ...) ! Even a basic serial port can easily be created using an FTDI chip through USB.
* SPI (MISO, MOSI, CLK, dedicated INT, 1 or 2 chip select) as every interesting chip comes with SPI and not I2C (eink, CANbus drivers...)
* I2C (Clk, Data, decicated Int) : still useful for having some expansions chip (power control of the OH, leds, ...)
* audio L/R : some people need to make advanced audio OH, like FM transmitter (not useful if already in the phone) or bigger speakers. An I2S bus may provide the same ?
* reversable power connector, so that a battery OH can be charged by the phone

But I would prefer a lot having all in the phone without OH, than having to constantly change between several OH to do things that the 808/N900 can do from scratch.

Dear Santa, I think that will be all for now

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Zeta For This Useful Post: