View Single Post
Posts: 1,414 | Thanked: 7,547 times | Joined on Aug 2016 @ Estonia
New version is out: 1.6.0

This is a major upgrade and, due to the upgrade of libpostal API, the address parsing part of the maps is incompatible with the earlier versions. After upgrade, go to Map Manager, click "Check for updates" and proceed as usual. Below, is the description of what's new.

This version is the first one supporting QtQuick Controls GUI. So, it opens full GUI for Linux desktops. It could also simplify porting to Nemo, Ubuntu Touch, Plasma Mobile, if any porting is needed at all.

Upgrade of libpostal brings us a large work done by libpostal author in 2017. I would like to encourage you to test performance of the search and check whether your query was parsed correctly. From disk storage requirements side, the new libpostal doesn't use language parser dataset anymore which should reduce storage requirements by ~500MB on global dataset. Country datasets have changed as well, but that could be larger or smaller than before, depending on the country.

Geocoder now sorts the results somewhat differently to promote Glasgow (city) in front of the pub with the same name. This is done by preferring results with smaller number of admin levels (so Malmö kommun is preferred to Malmö city) and, for the same admin level results, with the shorter name.

Valhalla packaging changes were already in use earlier, but now the scripts are part of the release. I am also not showing country selection when its not needed in the main screen (its used only if geocoder is limited to one country or libosmscout is in use).

The translations have been updated and Dutch (BE) added to the list by @pljmn. Thanks for all the translators!

Current libpostal SFOS adaptation uses one reversed commit. Such adaptation allowed me to import the planet, but it may have some side effects. So, please tell if the server is killed for one reason or another. The corresponding issue has been opened at libpostal repository, but its not properly resolved yet.

Finally, as a simpler version, I added bitcoin donation link. Please don't ask for paypal, I don't want to engage with it at the moment. Bitcoin, as liberapay, gives you the list of transactions. So, all donations are transparent in terms of time and amounts.

New updated libpostal and geocoder-nlp datasets are available, enjoy the release.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to rinigus For This Useful Post: