View Single Post
Posts: 2,222 | Thanked: 12,651 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ SOL 3
some sample 1GB RAM PoP chips arrived at last hop before final destination (me ;-) )

one of the 1GB reworked BB-xM arrived at me , and I've set up a remote station to fiddle with the pimped BB-xM from wherever our devels are, to bring up NAND and RAM and "NOLO" and...
the "bottom" is a tiny PC to which the stuff is connected, the right green monster with the black blocks is a relay card to operate the reset switch, has options for more remote switching when needed. The BB-xM is hooked to PC below via USB for now, RS232 to come soon (when I finally found a cable ;-D )

cheers
jOERG

short update: RS232 connected to BB_pimped by the worst homegrown cable I ever made ;-) Seems to work though
I added a cellulose based antistatic mat and a unpimped BB_xM in parallel to the remote testbench since I could and the sw guys will appreciate having a reference.
Looks already quite funny now

Ivo (freemangordon) been able to already load xloader and uBoot via USB to the pimped BB. Pending: fix uBoot so it actually brings up the board and recognizes the OneNAND of new 1GB PoP chip
Update2:
[2015-04-13 Mon 15:28:35] <freemangordon> DocScrutinizer05: http://pastebin.com/p6tjX8qU
Texas Instruments X-Loader (NAND) 1.4.4ss modified for GTA04 (Apr 13 2015 - 16:)
Detecting OneNAND memory...
Detected Samsung N9 Flash
OMAP36XX/37XX-GP ES2.1
Board detected: GTA04A7
SYSBOOT[5:0]: 0x10/16
GMPC Memory: 3
SDRC Memory: SAMSUNG MCP 512MB/bank
Loading u-boot.bin from onenand
background:
since I just realized that many of you might not really have the technical details already steadily available in their heads and thus wonder what we're doing at all:
The boot process on a TI OMAP is rather sophisticated and nifty. See http://www.omappedia.org/wiki/Bootlo...oader_Overview. Since Nokia used their own proprietary closed blob xLoader and "U-Boot" NOLO 1st and 2nd stage bootloaders, and since we otoh have a RAM and NAND chip (the 1GB PoP) that is not to be found in any other device except the Nokia N9, we already need to sort out if our Neo900 will boot correctly when equipped with such PoP chip and booted using the FOSS xLoader / U-Boot. And that's exactly what all this is about, to ensure Neo900 not only will have a nice 1GB of RAM and 512MB of OneNAND but also actually can boot to linux/maemo with that config. :-)

Last edited by joerg_rw; 2015-04-13 at 13:34.

The Following 18 Users Say Thank You to joerg_rw For This Useful Post: