View Single Post
Posts: 246 | Thanked: 2,574 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Egypt, Cairo
First of all I would like to thank baraujo, X-Fade, lcuk, Ken-Young and nidO for helping me out on my first attempt to create and uplaod a package.

Retro Conversations can be used to import and read SMS from other phones. Options like forward, find, filter and sort. An interface that mimics original Nokia Conversation look and feel and another one similar to SMS interface on previous nokia phones.

Since importing SMS from old Nokia phones are not supported (yet), I wrote this as my first app. It's in Python and Qt.

These are the project phases that I hope to accomplish

Phase 1:
  • Import Inbox and Sent files
  • Old View (messages are represented by the their sender in inbox/ receiver in sent, ordered according to date of arrival, just like ordinary messaging before Nokia Conversations)
  • Options like forward, delete
  • Show contact card by tapping contact
Phase 2:
  • Mimicking the look and feel of Nokia Conversations
  • Favorites
Phase 3:
  • Find in messages
  • Filter by contact names
  • Sort
Phase 4:
  • Import directly from other phones

I'm still in phase one, in green is what I've finished, in red is what's remaining (I should have removed the delete button ). Currently the supported format is csv exported by Nokia PC Suite.

So in short, what do you get if you install now? You get to import and read your old messages from previous Nokia phones

Package's name is retroconv and is available at Extras Devel, so make sure you've read the usual warnings.
Attached Images

Last edited by tgalal; 2010-04-08 at 18:28.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to tgalal For This Useful Post: