View Single Post
Posts: 24 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ North America (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania)
I recently switched to an Android device from a BlackBerry, & in addition, I switched providers & got a Google Voice number. I am liking the dialler integration Google Voice has with Android & now give only my Google Voice number out to people. I would like to continue this with the N9, should I decide to take the plunge.

Android is still new to me (started using it on a Motorola Flipout, then switch to the Charm in March) & I'm also considering a Galaxy Nexus. I live in the US & T-Mobile is my primary provider. Both the N9 & Galaxy Nexus are pentaband 3G so I should have service on either AT&T or T-Mobile, but at present T-Mobile has better rates & good enough coverage for me.

I'm not sure if this next thing should be in this post, but I'll stick it here for now & will split things should a mod decide it should go elsewhere. Google Maps. As a long-time user of Google Maps on BlackBerry, S60, & now Android, I am very used to how it works & what is provided - between business listings, transit directions, Latitude (location tracking/sharing with friends), & the ability for me to send my location to someone via reverse geocoding (click the dot on the map, approx address pops up, you can then send this to the person or sometimes app of your choice).

In addition, I now use Foursquare, which is a location-based social network that allows you to share venues & places you're at with other people as well as Facebook & Twitter, as well as play a game where you can collect points, badges, and mayorships based off where you check in at. One can get real-life discounts and other bonus stuff from checking into certain places like restaurants & cafés. I heard there is an N9 client available, but does the game portion of Foursquare work with it?

Recently, I purchased a Metawatch & am really enjoying using it on Android. It provides me a level of convenience I never had before, with so much customisability & even current features. Might anyone be working on an interface app for the N9 that will pair the Metawatch up with it?

I may just buy both devices, Galaxy Nexus 1st & N9 later on, if the N9 can't provide everything I need. Only problem with that is of course only one device can be a daily driver, & I'd like the N9 to be it.

Last edited by adam917; 2012-04-18 at 11:36.