View Single Post
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
a critical point needing agreement seems to be the role you want Nokia and Nokia products to play in the future of maemo.org. More opinions on this?
To be honest, You tell us? It;s obvious, that it's dependent on Nokia's decision - Community was and is open for any constructive collaboration.

For now, it seems "stable" that Nokia finances maemo.org infrastructure + basic tech support + sometimes unexpected godless like device seeding for Coding Competition and Community Awards (huge thanks again, as it was really unexpected). Yet, platform/device side, it seems to be totally stall.

If, by any chance - which seems quite impossible now - Nokia will miraculously decide to release device based on Mer, it will be welcomed here with open hands. Same goes for Maemo 5 (yes, purely Fremantle on new hardware) device, which is even more less likely to happen, anyway All more closed variants based on Meego/Tizen frankensteins (waves to Harmattan users) would probably result in mixed feelings, but I think that would find it's place here anyway.

Same goes for opposite scenario - lack of funding from Nokia side would focus Community to go totally independently (or die.).
---

Conclusion, at least for me, is that "how much Nokia in maemo.org" depends on how much Nokia is willing to participate No one will show middle finger to open hand from Nokia's logo, but in case of such hand being lacking, our one is going to put fingers into "stick guy" and walk away.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: