View Single Post
Posts: 562 | Thanked: 2,744 times | Joined on Dec 2013 @ Espoo, Finland
Originally Posted by Wonko View Post
Would be interesting if this or something similar also works with e-ink/epaper displays.
I have done one project with kindle epaper display, and it did need lots of strange voltages, (e.g. +/-15) and somewhat complex interface, maybe easiest to have small processor to manage the drawing to the display itself (arduino tjsp) and just pass image over the i2c.

pros for eINK is to have zero power consumption, and even if having additional cpu for drawing, it needs to be powered on only when updating the screen.

I have also this BADGEr and it is good reference design. maybe worth trying someday with Jolla.

This OLED has actually SSD1306 controller as COG (chip on glass) on it. The PCB where it is connected has only stepup converter which makes +9.5V for the display, but the SSD1306 has internal charge pump so that is not necessarily needed.

ATM power consumption seems to be about 100mW due my bad 1.8V "regulator" and non-optimized settings.
currently doing test how much it will drop my battery % during night. It should be easily get down to 50mW

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to kimmoli For This Useful Post: