View Single Post
Posts: 59 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2012 @ Philippines
Hiya guys. It's been nearly 3 years since I first lurked here (looking at my first post's date, at least).

In that time, I have managed to sell off the first N9 I had, dived around and tinkered with Android, some iOS and Windows Phone and today here I am back again, a bit more experienced than 3 years back. Right now, I'm using a Nexus 5.

It's kind of disappointing that you can almost hear the tumbleweed blowing within the halls of this community, but I guess that's too be expected for old devices like these. Kinda sad nitdroid and Sailfish for N9 kind of stagnated a bit.

I've missed the N9, and was fortunately able to score a working 64GB N9 for $30 - I only had to disconnect and reattach the battery (and in doing so, stripped the screws, and maybe some aesthetical damage) to make it work again.

I've wondered into delving into Harmattan app development as a hobby, it would be a bit risky and wasted time-wise when instead I could go dev Android or iOS, but hey why not try?

I've debloated it a bit, installed FasterN9, N9QTweak and Easy Debian.

After finals, I plan to find time to recompile a more recent version of syncevolution (to support Google's OAuth protocol) for my contacts, mail and calendar to make it more usable for my case (ownCloud and similar is a no-go yet, since I don't have resources for that). Google Keep, that's still a dead end.

And who knows what will happen next? I hope y'all welcome me back here.
Still looking forward to at least a fully working Kitkat port. ))) or even Sailfish would suffice

EDIT: thank goodness for aegis-hack )

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to n0x For This Useful Post: