View Single Post
Originally Posted by Mark Wilcox View Post
OK, if MeeGo Touch (libdui + native app UIs) really haven't been canned then you should probably do some internal and external comms to make sure everyone knows what's going on. Simon Judge is fairly widely read in the mobile world and that story could easily spread.
MeeGotouch is part of MeeGo, so it is not just going away. Qt Quick and Qt Quick components is preferred to new applications because is is cross platform. You have Qt Quick everywhere were you have Qt4.7, all desktop platforms, maemo5, and MeeGo.

I was aware of the Qt Quick components project but wonder how far we are from a MeeGo device launch if we've got to wait for them to finish and new UIs to be written in QML (maybe not far... QML is pretty quick to do after all).

Thanks for the answers.
I can't say when Qt Quck components is is finished but what i have tried it, even it is early stages, it is not so bad shape at all.

We have plan to release ready packetized version soon so that developers can start play around with it. If you can't wait you can download it from gitorious http://qt.gitorious.org/qt-components

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to kate For This Useful Post: