View Single Post
Posts: 397 | Thanked: 802 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Sydney
Originally Posted by slender View Post
Awesome work. I had to say that I would like to hear pre recorded files on this one. This robot sound reminds me of some pre historic windows 3.11 text to speech applications and most of time makes me wonder "Was that r2d?"
I gotta agree, I've finished implementing the ovi maps with full speech using espeak (including street names thanks to jhb, again thank you!) and I cannot understand much . The turn left turn right part is understandable, but I think it can't manage the street names very well

Originally Posted by esiravegna View Post
Amazing job folks! Any progress with the offline navigation and search? Is this even possible?
Offline navigation is already available due to the plugin. I personally haven't looked deep into it yet and I might not get around to it for a while, however there's heaps of talented programmers here now modding ovi, so who knows what will happen

I modified jhb's python server slightly to allow for full sentences from the javascript to be sent, hence enabling speech for street names too. I've uploaded the modified html file and the python file for people to test.

All thanks goes to jhb and CormacB for doing all the hard work

Edit: Should mention its only English for now, to change the language, search for "//show manuvours" in the html file to see the speech part and change the words accordingly.
Attached Files
File Type: zip html.zip (222.5 KB, 948 views)

Last edited by Blaizzen; 2011-01-13 at 12:08.

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to Blaizzen For This Useful Post: