View Single Post
Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by EIPI View Post
...I filed an enhancement request (4110) after doing a search within bugzilla for something similar. When I did not see anything like what I was proposing, I filed it. A few days later, I found out it was a duplicate...
While I can't speak for others, as I see it, you did everything right. Duplicates happen in bug tracking systems. You put forth a good effort to avoid creating one, which is all that can be asked, I think.

...is it possible to present a list of existing bug reports (no matter what the resolution or target was) to the user as he/she starts filing their bug.
I do not think such a feature is available, even in the latest version of Bugzilla. (EDIT: I was mistaken. The guided interface to Bugzilla will do this, as Andre points out in a message below. Thanks, Andre!) And we're not on the latest version.

Perhaps 'bugs' should not be able to be filed until they go through a few hoops first.
For enhancement requests, such as yours, a new front-end is coming. Maemo Brainstorm should make for a more user friendly, more easily searchable web-based tool for submitting, voting upon, and commenting upon enhancements.

I don't know that a similar front end is needed for bugs, but it is an interesting idea to ponder.

Last edited by sjgadsby; 2009-05-07 at 16:08. Reason: noting an error I made

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to sjgadsby For This Useful Post: