View Single Post
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ New Jersey, USA
Just to give an update here: I ended up installing Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit over the MeeGo installation on the hard drive. While my suspend issue did not seem to be a problem anymore for some reason, the startup time and performance was a little lagging even with the class 10 microsd card, so I thought I would try on the internal ssd and see if it made a difference. I am just much more used to Ubuntu (and Debian-type systems) than MeeGo and I didn't want to take the time to learn another package manager, etc.

The installation to the internal drive made a huge difference in terms of startup time. I will have to see about the other performance issues as I use the system - I was getting noticeable lag once I had 4 or 5 tabs open in Chromium previously, and I am not seeing that behaior now.

I also tested the "restore drive" that I creating when installing MeeGo is recognized and will boot up, so I can go back to factory settings if needed.

Question for the group: there are at least a couple of people on the MeeGo forums who are asking for the restore disk image. I guess they didn't make one when they first installed the system, or bought it used or something. Does anyone think there is a way I can package my image so I can send it to these folks? Also, do you think it would work? Any thoughts would be great - I would like to help these folks out even if I'm not using MeeGo.