View Single Post
I think that article (written by someone with enough technical experience to dodge false informations, but with enough "common speech" sense, to make it understandable without EE entry courses) about this matter is great idea.

I agree that FSF seems to be terribly wrong on this one, and such document/discussion spawned could help fix it in their "upstream". After all, FSF is also done by normal people, and their policy isn't set in stone - may contain "bugs", or even wrong conceptions.

Unless they're stubborn over-the-line, this could be a Neo900's way of contributing to FSF, as added value.

/Estel

// Edit

Originally Posted by joerg_rw View Post
Regarding FSF approval: we are not interested in getting THAT approval, we take pride in our own concept being better than what FSF defines.
Don't underestimate possible FSF impact on reaching Phase VI (1000 ordered devices) and theoretical Phase VII (1000 devices a month) goals. Pride in good concept is nice, but pride alone won't help reaching that milestones

Of course, I agree that we shouldn't change things to comply with wrong concept, but as said, they're Free project like us, and could be convinced to re-evaluate. If not - well, "pity", and lets move on. Still, throwing FSF approval without even trying doesn't sound like good idea for Neo900 cause.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Last edited by Estel; 2013-12-15 at 04:51.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: