View Single Post
Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I remember how I found out about this amazing device. One of my other techy friends linked me to it's official site some time before its release. I remember waiting for it to come out just to leave sprint and did so in November of 2009. After that was the greatest phone experience I've ever had. Towards the last 6 months two things started happening though. One was the slider switch was abused so much that it was getting harder and harder to get a good grip on it. The other was the headphone jack was breaking. Personally as much as I used it, I think over two years of use is a good amount of time, especially in our day.

About android: my S3 is fast, and after rooting it I have more control over it. There is one application which I never installed is called pDroid. You can control what every application has access to. The fact that this application even exists shows you the extent of the privacy concerns with owning a phone now. I did use Droidwall, on my rooted S3, which is a firewall to prevent applications from contacting whoever the hell they are programmed to contact.

There is a huge problem with technology and openness in our society right now, but very few people see it. My friend gifted me a Raspberry Pi (in love with this thing) and only yesterday did I watch a video about raspberry pi and how it was created in part due to the lack of other open technologies existent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=6xFzVuxldqs

If there aren't enough people like us to fight back the current direction of technological "control" there will only be more Big Brother in the future.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to For This Useful Post: