View Single Post
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Look, I know Matti and Niels personally. "Rude" and "not caring" are really adjectives that don't apply to them.

It hasn't been an easy time for these guys. They had to rely on others you don't see. Things are sorted out now.

It's true that I haven't been directly involved in maemo.org tasks - and that it's easy for me to talk now. I did try to help Matti & co when they were working hard to get a future to maemo.org beyond the deadlines given to the own MeeGo team at Nokia (I was part of).

But well, these days I'm syncing with Matti again and I will be following the Community forum & mailing list regularly.
Regarding the Supertesters initiative we have been trying to contact Niels and Henri for a month now and yet no answer.

I wouldn't qualify that as rude, just non-existent. I can Imagine it's not directly their fault, just that they are assigned to other work and probably don't have the time to care about the Maemo community.

This is precisely the situation that we are currently trying to fix either by changing the relationship with Nokia or moving somewhere else where we could, at least, solve simple administrative and maintenance tasks.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ivgalvez For This Useful Post: