View Single Post
Posts: 282 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Austin, TX, USA
I just looked through a list of the 101 best android apps. There were only a few I'd be interested in. I find the same problem when I look through iPhone apps. I have app envy, but it is only envy of the number of apps...not necessarily envy of many apps in particular.

That said, I like your idea. I have been considering a fart app, but an stymied by the inability to find good quality, freely available fart sounds. I have even explored the possibility of computer generated fart sounds, but I don't believe the mathematical expressions of fart sounds have been explored fully enough to make it sound realistic. I may have to create some of my own through conventional means. (I have even been considering features such as time delay, as well as a "bluetooth out of range" trigger, so you can leave the phone on the table and walk away with your headset to trigger the hilarity.)

In any case, the app contest is a fine idea...I would suggest that people also list features of the phone they would like to see demonstrated. For example, using the accelerometer, bluetooth, gps, front camera, prox sensor, etc. Personally, I would like to see some fancier QT numeric displays developed--I am kind of sick of the LEDs that come in QT. I am considering developing some Solari letters (see here to see what I am talking about.

Also, if anyone has a simple howto for going from a working python app to a deb package, please post a link here.

The Following User Says Thank You to rmerren For This Useful Post: