View Single Post
Posts: 850 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Vienna, Austria
there you go.

thanks to Qt, all i had to do was 'svn checkout' the symbian sources and fix one tiny typo (dukto.png should be with a capital D in resources/, linux is case-sensitive ), and it compiles and runs almost perfectly.

it's even hildonized and everything, without a single touch. i'm really impressed by Qt's cross compatibility at this point - i only experimented inside a maemo env up until now.
the only two things that don't seem to work properly are:
*) sending text from maemo (the reason for this is that you cannot access the title bar while a dialogue is open - but that's easily fixed by adding a button there)
*) canceling a file transfer.

i could create a package in extras, but since the current authors already have an ovi store presence, i suggest to contact them to simply make it avaliable for the N900 as well. all they have to do is install the Nokia Qt SDK under linux for testing/compiling, fix the "sending text" - buttons and canceling, and flip some checkbox in their dukto ovi app preferences as i imagine.

in the meanwhile, here's the binary i compiled straight from the source at google.com with the above mentioned single change.

put it somewhere in /home/user or /opt (NOT in MyDocs) and make it executable by "chmod +x Dukto". then run by calling it via XTerm. or create a .desktop file for it.
Attached Files
File Type: gz Dukto.tar.gz (61.1 KB, 226 views)

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to SubCore For This Useful Post: