View Single Post
Posts: 17 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Amstelveen
Originally Posted by kirillkk View Post
Although the thread is quite old, I want to post have some answers to the problem described initially.
What's happened to the n900?
In my case it was subjected to overvoltage due to broken car charger (13V).
Why doesn't it boot in normal mode?
BSI sense circuit is fried. So battery detection fails while booting. I don't know which component is the problem (may be bsi opamp?), but the bsi pin seems to be tied to 0.6v and adc value is in range 241-245

In my case bq27000, charging circuit, usb are still working. 2.5v supply and adc seems to be ok. Low battery alerts can be disabled by hiding .desktop file from battery applet. Sometimes I need to restart bme to initiate charging. So the device can be used, but it may not be safe since I don't know what else is blown.
hello kirillkk,

Even if there is some circuit broken, due to over-voltage. Can it be repaired? I feel it is the case with me.. since everything works fine (the Flashing and everything)... but it just cant get out of that Nokia logo screen.. it is not detecting the the correct voltage to get pass the Nokia logo... is there any way to by pass the watchdog circuit which senses the battery voltage?