View Single Post
Posts: 2,225 | Thanked: 3,822 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Florida
I just tried it out. I think I'm feeling in love (with a file manager) for the first time.

I noticed a tiny bit of glitchiness with multiselect (had multiselect on, went into clipboard, fiddled around, came back to folder, selection wasn't working, clicked the single/multi-select toggle button, and all was good - I don't recall exactly what I did, but it was more complex than just getting into clipboard and back out).

Also, multiselect is done a LOT better than in FileBox, I have to say.

The only counter-intuitive thing is if you've selected 4 [Edit: Some amount of files, I said 4 as an example] files using the dragging-select, and then lift up your finger [Edit: this applies to clicking multiselection too, it's just more counter-intuitive feeling in the dragging on in my opinion), if you press down to get to the long-press context menu, it immediately deselects whichever file you pressed on. I got into the hang of it pretty quickly (click a second time to reselect (and hold), or select all but the last desired file, and then click and hold that one).

Perhaps it would be better to toggle the selection OFF on a file in multiselect after the finger has lifted /off/ the file instead of after it has touched it? (But still keep toggling the selection ON on a file happening when touch first happens, since if you made that toggle after a finger lifts off, you'd force double-clicking just to get to the long press context menu while in multi-select.)

Also, the icon for the button that takes you to the clipboard is missing from my theme, apparently (but then again, my theme is a custom one I slapped together myself so I might have missed something) - are you sure it's a standard icon that should be in every theme?

Last edited by Mentalist Traceur; 2012-10-01 at 23:39.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Mentalist Traceur For This Useful Post: