View Single Post
Posts: 74 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Oslo - around
Originally Posted by abill_uk View Post
I thanked you for the idea but i do not understand the NEXT cssu?, ...

There is maybe only a handfull of dev's left even working on further development so i guess you will have to generate much interest to gain more and keep it going .

Good luck i want you to be successful .
For Maemo to be used stability must be improved by miles. The next CSSU should contain a way to reset everything, similar to flashing /roofs - but consider that some virus has modified a command, run a 32bit CRC andflash/reload kernel with a new copy from this site.

Apt-get / dbpk is an excellent setup as long as consistency is managed, but install a test version, get 2 variants of the Qtlib and the phone becomes unstable - a tiny modificiation can pull down things that is very difficult to get rid of - "Apt-remove" does not exist, "dist-upgrade" is the only ay to get the libraries to be verified, but of course not visible in the Application Manager. Clean900 does some - but there must be a simple way to remove inconsistencies, and proper messages must be shown - CSSU should show the logs files, and search in this.

The PHONE must work. If needed, remove it from the Hildon window manager. see if all can be replaced by Linphone to allow plug-ins such as fax and more can be made. No new featues are needed, but consistency and reliability must be the focus.

The Following User Says Thank You to knuthf For This Useful Post: