View Single Post
Posts: 1,417 | Thanked: 2,619 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ Touring
I just finished my wife's N900, I did much nicer job since I knew exactly what to do without experimentation. I decided to add shorting pins even though there is the BME command to bypass this. I didn't need to resolder the power pins as I had ordered the correct adapter this time.
The second try at an improved tape down external method does require trimming off the adapter's cover sheet tabs and moving the ribbon cable about 1cm to the right and refolding it.
I secured the receiver pad with three stripes of electrical tape which terminate under the cover, a fourth strip is cut to fit the camera hole and secures the ribbon cable.
I am less concerned with unplugging, wife doesn't use host mode or other USB now that she has inductive charging, so I don't feel the need to use Polymorph plastic to reinforce the plug and cable.
It still is a tape job but more professional, unless someone documents a system that fits really well under a Mugen cover double-Scud equipped N900 I think this is where I will stay.

Last edited by biketool; 2014-07-25 at 15:33.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to biketool For This Useful Post: