View Single Post
I'm back from vacation, and I have zillion of TMO threads to read, before getting into loop again, so please, be patient

I've managed to fix wicd problem - following my idea from here:
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...postcount=2800
... I've purged everything that had wicd in name. Easiest way to do it that I was able to find is purging wicd *and* (with ED image *not* mounted, to not follow any symlinks to Maemo's folders):

(replace /dev/mmcblk0p3 with your ED partition)
Code:
mount /dev/mmcblk0p3 /.debian
cd /.debian
rm -r */*/*/*/*/*/*wicd*
rm -r */*/*/*/*/*wicd*
rm -r */*/*/*/*wicd*
rm -r */*/*/*wicd*
rm -r */*/*wicd*
rm -r */*wicd*
rm -r *wicd*
rm -r */*/*/*/*/*/*wicd
rm -r */*/*/*/*/*wicd
rm -r */*/*/*/*wicd
rm -r */*/*/*wicd
rm -r */*/*wicd
rm -r */*wicd
rm -r *wicd
rm -r */*/*/*/*/*/wicd*
rm -r */*/*/*/*/wicd*
rm -r */*/*/*/wicd*
rm -r */*/*/wicd*
rm -r */*/wicd*
rm -r */wicd*
rm -r wicd*
After that, you ma check that no wicd left-overs slipped in, via:

Code:
cd /.debian
find -name *wicd*
all wicd problems are gone, and LXDe startup time is back to normal (i.e, very fast) - at the end, I have image without both network-manager and wicd (and friends). There is no problem with apt-get, as wicd was purged before, anyway. It just seems, that uninstalling/purging wicd doesn't delete *any* files (bug in upstream wicd removal procedures?), so we fix it via manually deleting any traces of it.

Warning - it's quite radical solution, and no one can guarantee, that it won't break anything in ED image. Personally, I'm using many things in Ed for a week now, without any regressions, but do it on Your risk.
---

Chromium still isn't working, and I have no freakin' idea why it spazms out. I've installed Iceweasel back, and enhanced it with extension, that allow microB-like grab&drag (again, retaining possibility to highlight text). I can't find a way to delete scrollbars *and* reclaim saved space for rendering web page

It isn't very important, as Iceweasel is still unusably slow, as in slow -> slower -> firefox (iceweasel). Sure, Chromium wasn't performance beast, but Iceweasel is hopeless in comparison.

Other than that, everything works great in Wheezy ED

/Estel

// Edit

I'm aware that my "solution" for nuke'ing wicd remnants is lame, and that it could be implemented in some smart one-liner - I was pissed off by WICD, and haven't had time for delicate formatting If some sh guru can improve it, feel free to post better syntax'ed command here.
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post: