View Single Post
Motivation
Since it was announced that maemo.org will receive funding from nokia until the end of 2012, I've set up personal mirror of N8x0 repositories (chinook and diablo). The older repositories were not included.

My inspiration came from the Future of Maemo 5 Fremantle posted by pali.

I can not provide public access to my mirror due to the legal and practical reasons, so I've decided to provide apt-mirror configuration files, so everybody can reproduce the official repositories.

Introduction
Please note that stock apt-mirror 0.48 is unable to parse properly Sources within chinook extras. This is due to the pygtkeditor package which has extra line in it's Files section. In order to address that I've added a single line which skips the line if splitting does not return 3 components (hash size file)

By using the the modified apt-mirror, the replication was successfully finished.

Total size of the repositories is 28GB, which includes i386, armel and sources.

Instructions
  1. download modified apt-mirror.
  2. download mirror.list.gz.
  3. gunzip mirror.list.gz
  4. gunzip apt-mirror.gz
  5. adjust the base_path within mirror.list to point to path with enough disk space.
  6. run ./apt-mirror mirror.list

Additional repositories
The mirror list contains the deb lines for additional repositories from community members. These repositories were commented out. Additional repositories can be added at any time (you have to restart apt-mirror, once you modify configuration).

The additional repositories were obtained from: http://www.gronmayer.com/it/.

Notes
1. You can always stop the process by hitting CTRL+C
2. You can always resume the process by re-running apt-mirror with same parameter
Attached Files
File Type: gz apt-mirror.gz (5.5 KB, 338 views)
File Type: gz mirror.list.gz (1.5 KB, 329 views)

Last edited by momcilo; 2011-08-22 at 19:57.

The Following 23 Users Say Thank You to momcilo For This Useful Post: