View Single Post
Originally Posted by blender1968 View Post
Phones are going to get larger and threaten the utility of the NIT - especially when Skyfire becomes generally available.
Hm, I heard all the skyfire buzz and I'm a bit skeptical:

First: the s60 browser is good enough at displaying realistic webpages on small screens. No matter how good the browser is good comon sense and Newtonian physics dictates that the much buzzed around "desktop like browsing experience" can only happen on a ... desktop. There's no way in h311 you can fit desktop experience in a 2.4'' screen. Even if you make that screen VGA (like some asked for that E71 - but that's another stupidity) you will get very small fonts and yes, it will look like your browser but from 20 meters away.
Second: I think the days of Blazer and the like are over - at least on smartphones. Heck I don't trust me with my passwords, why would I want to browse using some unknown and out of control proxy servers.

Sorry for getting way ot but I get puzzled on why would someone build a business and everyone (and their cats) would blog about how you can stuck 17-22 inches worth of webpage in 2.4'' and still be the same great experience.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post: