View Single Post
Posts: 634 | Thanked: 3,266 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Colombia
I was completely unaware of the existence of TinyGLES. It sounds great and I'd love to see this on the N900.

Packaging glshim is already on my TO DO list for my Debian/Devuan-based distro but it looks like I'll have to add TinyGLES to the list too.

It's great to see how active the Pandora community is. They're doing some really cool stuff. I see many similarities between their community and ours. The Pandora Classic has a similar OMAP3 and 256MB RAM. The 1GHz version even uses the same SoC as the Neo900.

One thing I've wanted to do for a while is to get Super Zaxxon (Pandora's OS) running on the N900 either as a chroot env, LXC or native boot but I've just never had the free time to do it. I wonder if this would be a better way to get TinyGLES on the N900 as it would also give us access to the entire Pandora library. Couple that with a Game Gripper type device (or maybe even without it) and I reckon the Neo900 suddenly becomes very appealing to the Pandora community (joerg_rw take note!).

Maemo Leste for N950 and N9 (currently broken).
Devuan for N950 and N9.

Mobile devices with mainline Linux support - Help needed with documentation.

"Those who do not understand Unix are condemned to reinvent it, poorly." - Henry Spencer

Last edited by wicket; 2015-06-20 at 05:20.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wicket For This Useful Post: