View Single Post
I came across a site describing the use of TinyGLES to enable Uplink to be ported to the Pandora, http://pandoralive.info/?p=4287. I didn't know if this is something we could benefit from using, so I thought give it a shot.

Their port of Uplink uses glshim, which we have but is quite outdated compared to latest git commit date, which should be easy to fix. I tried building TinyGLES but almost immediately get hit by an error of GL_RG undefined, which is indeed missing from /opt/maemo/usr/include/GL/gl.h.

This is the second time I've encountered issues regarding OpenGL/GLES. The first was trying to build GLES1+2 support for SDL2. The headers supplied redefine one of the typedefs (enum vs int IIRC) and miss GLchar in gl2.h:

Code:
/* Some GLES2 implementations (like the one on Fremantle & Harmattan) are
   missing the typedef for GLchar. Work around it here by adding it. The
   Kkronos headers specify GLChar as a typedef to char, so if an
   implementation already provides it, then this doesn't do any harm.

Source: qt
*/
typedef char GLchar;
These earlier issues I overcame by creating a package (gles2patch, no way connected to the other "patches" everyone loves to hate) which just created a diversion and replaced the header to save patching every project that uses the header. I can send/post it if anyone wants to review it.

With regards to the new issue, I haven't patched that one yet.

Finally EGL, we are missing some a header, eglext.h.

Is this something others would like to see fixed/patched? It is not something I'm looking to test extensively myself due to time restrictions from other projects but I will post them if there is enough demand.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post: