View Single Post
Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Hmm, this does really to be a sad and confused state of affairs from Nokia's PoV.

Let me get this right - They announce a new phone on a new platform, which relies on community apps, give/loan devices to developers to get those apps going, and then refuse to host them. If that is correct then how schizophrenic is Nokia?

I've been quiet envious of all the updated and new apps being announced, and been finally toying with the idea of dualbooting Meego to try them (assuming that they'll run on the CE edition).

Not sure it's worth it now. Meego/Harmattan seems to be an even bigger deadend than before.

I would love the developers to at least dual-release to Maemo/Meego-Harmattan so we can share the love and at least get some use and value out of the apps which people have slaved over.

I am eternally grateful for all the hard work put in by the Devs and others for maemo, and it's a sad day when they have been "poached" for a platform which is then set on fire by it's owner!

Nokia 770 (2gb) since Aug 2007
Nokia N800 (32gb) since Dec 2007
Nokia N810 (16gb) since Sep 2009
Nokia N900 (64gb) since Aug 2010 ______________________________

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post: