View Single Post
Pianobar is actually very impressive.. but not the most intuitive in creating/editing stations. it's possible.. but it's all done with key shortcuts.

next is easy enough "n", and thumbs up and down is +/-.. but beyond that it gets a little more indepth.

Pianobar supports a FIFO file, according to the man page, that you have to manually create with mkfifo and then you can control it with something like:
Code:
echo -n 'n' >> ~/.config/pianobar/ctl
As an example. Also, python has a popen ability to open a read/write to a binary command... so I'm thinking this can't be too difficult. I might try and code it but I don't have an N900.. just the SDK.

Also, the pianobar has not been packaged yet it doesn't look like which is extremely easy. I'm beating my head on a desk right now I don't have the money for a real device. I may just package it into a deb and send it to intervigil who started the pianobar thread to test it.

The other thing about pianobar... it allows you to give it a last.fm username/pass and it will send that song title to last.fm as a recently played if you allow it to play past a configurable percentage (default 50%). Pretty cool.
pyRadio - Pandora Radio on your N900, N810 or N800!