View Single Post
Originally Posted by mooler View Post
I maybe posting this thread in the wrong forum but I just want to know what this update to the Map application is all about. To be specific, when I tap Update in the Application Manager I get an update for the Map application with a version of 2.2.6.377.1 weighing in at 4.3mb. It's updateable according to the Summary Tab but when I tap Update I get the message:

Unable to install.
Software contains updates to packages installed from a different source and is likely to harm the system.
Contact software author
This is my first post here. I had the same error before while trying to install the Nokia Maps update on my N800. After a few attempts with no success, I just went into the application manager and removed the previous version of Nokia Maps that was preinstalled on the OS2008 update and then I went back and installed the Nokia Maps update just fine. None of my downloaded maps were touched and I didn't see any problems.

Nokia should have noted on the installation details to just remove your old version of the maps program before installing the update.