View Single Post
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
I don't have anything else to add to this discussion.

While the tasks ran on the SS test maybe linked to "realworld test" it is still not a real world test in itself. Its a synthetic test that was created to measure the browser performance. When browsing the internet, each page renders different annotations, in a random order, in random quantities, with differing amount of buffer time. It is not ordered like in the SS test !

Changing browsers can affect the results drastically.
Changing the OS will affect the results drastically.

The SGS vs S2 was a hypothetical match-up. I'm disappointed you couldn't come to this conclusion personally. Basically I was saying that both on 2.3 will behave very smooth and browser will be agile. You may see the S2 browse faster. Then you run the SS benchmark and discover a huge difference in scores. This is used to confirm your suspicions, proving one is faster than the other. And in that sense "benchmarking" makes sense.
-However, running benchmarks and comparing them to other devices isn't the be-all-end-all proof of the hardware. Like I said, its more complicated than that.

(besides if it was, no one would be using an n900)
Not sure what to infer from that, especially about the N900. The sunspider results on the N900 are I think near the 40000ms mark. This is indicative of performance, try and open a javascript heavy page like a theverge.com article and see how long it takes to load the comments section, it will take so long that it may prompt you to stop the script from running or to close the browser.