View Single Post
Posts: 415 | Thanked: 732 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Why not? What can we loose doing so? If some talented developer is going to switch device ("greener pastures"), she/he will do that, no matter if we're going to have talks about it here or not. If someone is going to stay, having categories about other devices won't hurt (and can even help, due to multiplatform projects).

the only thing we need to achieve in such approach, is non-intrusive coexistence. Simple example - "Active Topic" list on the right, adjustable per user profile - if someone don't want to see new topics from some category, it should be possible to set up.

Those are details, but many of them form something called "peaceful coexistence".

/Estel
I see the community OBS as one of the key things that could bring devs from different but related projects together. And I'm not talking about tmo or what people talk here about. tmo is a tool within the community not the community.

That said, I would only add subforums for projects, devices or operating systems that are actively participating in this community not just talked about. For example projects like nitdroid, cssu and Mer/Nemo.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to timoph For This Useful Post: