View Single Post
Posts: 1,425 | Thanked: 983 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Hong Kong
Originally Posted by J4ZZ View Post
I could need some help here. My Laptop is only getting a private IP so DHCP doesn't seem to work properly.
Here's my output.
Code:
IroN900:/usr/bin# wlapon 
+ start wlancond
start: Job not changed: wlancond
+ modprobe crc7
+ modprobe mac80211
+ modprobe wl12xx
+ modprobe ipt_MASQUERADE
+ iptables -F
+ iptables -t nat -F
+ iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o gprs0 -j MASQUERADE
+ echo 1
+ ifconfig wlan0 down
+ iwconfig wlan0 mode ad-hoc
+ ifconfig wlan0 up
+ iwconfig wlan0 essid TKX
+ iwconfig wlan0 key s:00000
+ iwconfig wlan0 channel 11
+ ifconfig wlan0 10.161.3.1 netmask 255.255.255.0 up
+ start-stop-daemon -S -p /var/run/wifi_tethering.pid -m -b -x /usr/sbin/dnsmasq -- -k -I lo -z -a 10.161.3.1 -F 10.161.3.2,10.161.3.10 -b
/usr/sbin/dnsmasq already running.
+ run-standalone.sh dbus-send --type=method_call --dest=org.freedesktop.Notifications /org/freedesktop/Notifications org.freedesktop.Notifications.SystemNoteInfoprint string:WiFi HotSpot Activated
Edit: I tried also to give static addresses (IP, Gateway and DNS) but I can't even ping my N900 from the Laptop.

Greetz,

J4ZZ
I spot you've made change to the followings:

1) The password. Note that that the length of password must be exactly 13 words.
2) You've made change to the network and the DHCP network, that would cause routing problem as the routing on your own private networking may not be able to route the wifi traffic when you get them all into the same network, unless you tells the routing table how to diffentiate different traffic. That's why you got connection problem.

Unless you're very familiar with TCP/IP routing, I'd suggest you stick to the original settings first. Make the change by trial and error later after you've successfully got the initial connection work.

Last edited by 9000; 2011-05-27 at 02:17.