View Single Post
Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
The N800 was exactly the right device for me; the device I had been waiting decades for.

I have many desires for a new device to replace my tablet, but the problem is simple, and it isn't Nokia's problem -- the Internet isn't ubiquitous yet. When we can get wifi-speed Internet anywhere I can use a mobile phone, and I can get it for a flat monthly rate that compares to cable/DSL prices, then the stage will be set for The Revolution. And it won't be phones leading the revolution, it will be devices like the tablets that can use all the Internet protocols (and open source software) to do the stuff that mobile phones do right now, as well as do all the stuff a laptop can do... and fit in your pocket when you're done...

So, maybe in 3-5 years, someone will make my next Dream Device. I'll have to upgrade before then, of course, because my tablet is so battered and worn that it probably won't hold out much longer, but I just don't see the infrastructure build-out happening fast enough to support anything that I would consider to be Revolutionary.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to qole For This Useful Post: