View Single Post
Posts: 145 | Thanked: 88 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Copenhagen
Sorry for cross posting, but I thought that someone interested in this thread knows the solution to my problem, and besides it's possibly related to easy debian on the n900.

As I have described in this thread: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...610#post427610, I have all of a sudden lost the ability to connect to the internet. I can connect to my wifi router, and I can also establish a 3G/3.5G connection, but I cannot ping any address nor open any webpages.

Somehow it seems related to my easy debian install, cause if I try "debbi ping google.com" everything works (as opposed to "ping google.com" which gives me an error message).

I have tried rebooting several times, changing the connection, and unmountung the debian system, but without result. I can only connect to the internet through easy debian.

I should also mention that I can make skype calls, so perhaps some port is blocked?

I really hope some of you gurus out there can help me out

EDIT: SORRY, nevermind. It turned out to be a problem related to wrong info in /etc/resolv.conf on the base system (caused by vpnc)

Last edited by filologen; 2009-12-14 at 20:37.