View Single Post
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 566 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Redstone Canyon, Colorado
Originally Posted by HSuhonen View Post
[*]How would you rate the current support offering for N900, in your own words? Please give your evaluation separately for a) the printed Get started guide, b) the in-device User guide (you can access it through File manager > Documents > User guides), and c) the User guide PDF on the Nokia Support site.
I didn't even see the on device user guide. I don't need a big printed guide (the one included seemed ok enough--I barely looked at it honestly though). What I did look at a bit was a long PDF that was pretty hard to track down. It was on third party sites then eventually seemed to appear in Nokia's webspace.

[*]What’s your opinion on the current concept of providing end user documentation, that is, a short, printed get started guide in the sales box, and the longer guides available on the web and in-device? Do you expect Nokia to provide a longer User guide in the sales box, or is the Get started guide enough?
Longer guides available online. More technical docs that are typically only available to service centers should be made available publicly.

[*]Maemo 5 doesn't have a help framework. What’s your opinion, should there be one for Maemo 6? What would an ideal help system be in your opinion?
More docs on the wiki with lots of HOWTOs. This could be tied more directly into the browser. Perhaps a N900/microb theme for the wiki could be made as well (e.g. one with far less clutter than a wiki usually has).

[*]And finally, how do you see the role of the Maemo community in providing end-user support? Do you think the community could be more involved in the process of making the User guides (for example, as a content reviewer)? What would, in your opinion, be a good solution for the community to get involved?
It seems the Maemo community is doing the end user support already. They definitely are going to review your User guides, so you might as well let them review *before* you print. Just slap "beta" on the cover. Works for google.

Also, any and all technical docs should be made public!

The Following User Says Thank You to jebba For This Useful Post: