View Single Post
Posts: 1,100 | Thanked: 2,797 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Netherlands
While searching for a graphical front-end for gngeo I came across Xgngeo. It had all the functions I needed, but the big disadvantage I experienced, was that it was ported for the older Nokia tablets and was not really "N900 finger touch friendly".
So I decided to try to make a front-end my own. I ended up using Python with Pyside bindings as a programming language. Without any python/Qt programming experience, the code is not something I am proud of, but the resulting program is quite usable in my opinion.

gngeo
gngeo-gui depends on gngeo, the emulator itself. I modified some of the source of version 0.7 to make functions like reset, loadstate etc. configurable on the N900 (else they are not usable). It does not include the bios for copyright reasons.

videos
gleydsonpr has put several video's on his youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=gprkof

Using gngeo-gui
The first time it will probable complain it cannot find all paths and will redirect you to the config section. You should be able to set all paths correctly using gngeo-gui, but you can of course edit the (gngeorc) config file by hand.
Ones the directory containing your game-roms is set correctly (and gngeo-gui is restarted), you can choose your game by tapping on the blue square in the middle.

Install
You can find it in the Fremantle Extras-devel repository.

In the Maemo garage, you can also find the installable deb package:
https://garage.maemo.org/frs/?group_id=2148

Change history gngeo:
Code:
* 0.0.7-1 initial release
* 0.0.7-2
* added hotkey support by making it configurable
* added savestate by making it configurable
* added loadstate by making it configurable
* added reset option by making it configurable
* added exit option by making it configurable
* 0.0.7-3 fixed crashing in fullscreen

Change history gngeo-gui:
Code:
* 0.0.1-1 initial release
* 0.0.2-1 check for alternative name in biosdir / removed joystick button / added soundrate button
* 0.0.3-1 Configuration of keys now also poss
ible by pressing desired key 
* 0.0.3-2 fixed fact that ASCII keycodes greater than 300 where not accepted in the key config (now max 307)
* 0.0.3-3 --for all buttons-- fixed fact that ASCII keycodes greater than 300 where not accepted in the key config (now max 307). Also added version info about screen.
* 0.0.4-1 In the key-config subscreen, player 2 can now be configured
* 0.0.5-1 Show output of GnGeo during rom loading/Show GnGeo version info in the about screen
* 0.0.5-2 Added option to exit gngeo-gui after the start of a game
* 0.0.5-3 Replaced checkboxes by pushbuttons / added menubar
* 0.0.5-4 added 68K and Z80 CPU clock percentage/added USB joystick config support/fix in return key config setting
* 0.0.5-5  Extended joystick config support
* 0.0.5-6 Added support for The Universe Bios
* 0.0.5-7 Introduced some QMaemo5ValueButtons in  the config screen/Check for expected gngeo config variables
* 0.0.5-8 as 0.0.5-7, but a testvariable removed
* 0.0.5-9  Layoutwise: centering of gamelist and Maemo5ValueButton texts
0.0.6-0
* roms can now be selected from SD card folder
* added hotkey support (two per player, keyboard and joystick)
* added savestate support
* added loadstate suport
* added reset support
* added exit support
* 0.0.6-1 added 3rd and 4th hotkey buttons for players 1 and 2 to the gui
Attached Images

Last edited by ade; 2012-11-28 at 21:16.

The Following 50 Users Say Thank You to ade For This Useful Post: