View Single Post
Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
As usual, the N900 is used as the quick, easy & open research platform then quickly forgotten once it's time to release the real thing.

I very much appreciate your post! This SDK is definitely valuable because of the amount of information on its source code.
It is less useful for coding applications because from what I've read a external GPS receiver giving raw data is required (e.g. uBlox), which I suspect not many people will have .

The good news is that the GPS on the Nokia N9 CAN definitely give very raw data (using the Nokia MEIF -- Measurement Engine Interface protocol). The bad news is that we do not know anything about this protocol and Nokia won't license the documentation to an individual ( check http://www.developer.nokia.com/info/...cense.pdf.html ). Maybe the European Comission might just have the force required to publish this document

So while DGPS (and EGNOS using SISNET) are possible on N9 hardware, we just don't know how to do it. Is this what the above-mentioned "PEGASE" team is doing?

In any case, it's very nice for EGNOS folks to think about our little device community! And I fully agree with the motto on the EGNOS portal: "It's there. Use it."

Last edited by javispedro; 2012-09-05 at 16:36.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to javispedro For This Useful Post: