View Single Post
Posts: 724 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by jenix View Post
First up, thanks for your reply.

So again, what is your use case here? Providing (another) wallet that user can use for micropayments? How is this to work out when you bind yourself to Etherium, which already became involved in high-risk speculative investments, because people greedily hoping that it will become the new Bitcoin? How can I use virtual currency which value is changing rapidly in short periods of time, so the rate may be double or half by tomorrow? How can I be convinced in the value of virtual numbers which are not backed by real world values (like federal banks and countries for real world currency or company inventory for stocks) and which can simply vanish?
Unfortunately, your statement ("Hey, I just found some BTC with value which were worth **** some time ago") points in exactly the direction of speculative investment with the hope of increasing rates.

Since I'm not convinced by the bases your business relies on, I'm quite sure we won't find any common grounds, and that's ok. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad you found a topic the interests you and that you see as opportunity for your business - that's great. I, on the other hand, see quite some potential issues that I want to point out, so the people who are not familiar with blockchain-based projects can make an educated decision.
I may be wrong (which I hope), you may be wrong (which I'm not hoping) - only time will tell.
Out of interest, did you read the whitepaper?

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tswindell For This Useful Post: