View Single Post
Originally Posted by sjgadsby View Post
Bah, the article completely disregards the way the pies at Jester Burger have shrunk over time in order to maintain their price point. They're now the size of Fig Newtons and completely uninteresting because of it.

I won't mention that though, because people will take it as a metaphor for something else, and we already have enough threads about something else.

Instead, I'll just note that the pies at Jester Burger are no longer served at a temperature approximately equal to that of the surface of the sun. I'm not sure what that has to do with mobiles, netbooks, or notebooks, but I think that it indicates a disappointing trend in modern society.

And upon further reflection, maybe I will like those Intel-powered phones that will be available in a few years.
I haven't laughed that hard in a while, thanks.

I can't speak for Jester Burger, but at McDonalds, that's why you always buy the sundae. You take your spork and jam hot pie pieces into the ice cream.

Also, thanks to the author for giving us something to talk about by being totally out-to-lunch. I use to always buy the smallest, lightest laptop I could find and it was always twice as expensive as the company's cheapest offering. All hail the netbook and the slot it fills in the expanding devicescape.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daperl For This Useful Post: