View Single Post
Posts: 747 | Thanked: 2,370 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Naturally it is the device owner deciding what to install and there is an info in the package description. But would it not be nice to have an additional info field (a category or sub-category would be too much and confusing, I guess) so that Storeman (Warehouse?) can pop up a warning when trying to install on a non-appropriate device?
Well, generally such warnings are not needed, since you(application developer) can restrict devices using package infromation and dependencies, i.e. package manager disallow install such package on wrong device. Restrictions can be per device type (Jolla1, Sony, Gemini, ports, etc) and specific sailfish os version (i.e. <= 2.0.1, >= 1.1.1 or whatever).

Publisher can also upload multiple package versions of application (for different devices) into single application node on openrepos: package manager will deal with dependencies and install latest sutable version.

Originally Posted by peterleinchen View Post
Sorry if this may have been discussed already.
And: we do not have a thread for Storeman? Could not find one with Maemo search...
Well, you can ask developer in comments

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Custodian For This Useful Post: