View Single Post
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Can you ping the N900 from the iPad (I have no idea if it has or if it's possible to even install the required tools to debug this, much less give step-by-step instructions).

It's also possible that your cellular provider not only forbids "tethering"/"connection sharing" in the contracts but also does packet-inspection on traffic to enforce this (it's possible to detect NAT by examining TCP sequence numbers etc).
Hi, thanks for ur help , okay i can connect to my n900 from the ipad. But when i want to surf/or use the appstore, the ipad says "no connection" (but i am connected at all). I reflashed my n900 to factory settings and tried Joikuspot, i wondered cause it worked straight away. then i installed MobileHotspot, which worked after all either.After that i started with my own installprocedure...and guess? ^^ nothing of them both worked anymore, so i guess it depends on a/or more certain programm/s which block/s it. One i found out was the Ip-Widget. ah and from the laptop side, i were able to connect too before installing the other apps, even with encryption (only tested WEP)

My Provider didnt locked my connection, i have extra chosen a contract where my ports arent closed, but thanks for the reminder

Last edited by boxkillor; 2010-09-01 at 10:54.