View Single Post
Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I'm wary of adding any conditions that are also actions. The reason is that it'd be easy to enter a vicious loop. Ie. you have action to put phone into PSM, and another rule with condition PSM that does something. Of course one could device some detection that such won't happen, but it's not necessarily that simple.

Anyway perhaps you can give a concrete use case, and that may either motivate me to do it or figure out a way to do it without these potential problems?
Hi, the point is I wanted to create a rule that sets the device online every hour or so and disconnects it again. For me it looks like my device isnt connecting to background mobile data connection when in PSM. And if im not in PSM, the device just lets mobile data connection online forever.

So i want to create 2 rules for going in normal mode, if PSM is active and after idle time of maybe 30min.
Then if PSM is off, and mobile data connection is active + idle time xxx -> set PSM on, so data connection will be closed after it is no more needed.

And furthermore, I can fix that stupid bug with Dual mode, where i dont have phone connectivity (https://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=79).

When on 3G and signal gets lost, I have to switch manually to 2G or I dont have mobile connectivity at all, altough the bar is full on 3G...